- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 352.5
- Total Fat: 14.9 g
- Cholesterol: 76.3 mg
- Sodium: 920.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 21.1 g
Baked Macaroni & Cheese CasseroleSubmitted by: ANTIOCHIA
IntroductionBest mac & cheese recipe I've ever found! Best mac & cheese recipe I've ever found!
2 cups dry elbow macaroni
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup evaporated nonfat milk (or use 1/2 cup nonfat milk plus 3 T instant milk)
3 cups grated Kraft 2% sharp Cheddar
To pour over:
1 14 oz. can of tomatoes (optional)
2. Cook macaroni in boiling water according to package directions. Drain and return to pot and stir in the Smart Balance (margarine).
3. In a small bowl mix together the egg, evaporated milk, salt, pepper, and dry mustard. Then stir this mixture into the macaroni in the pot.
4. Stir in one cup of the shredded cheese. Then put half of the macaroni and cheese mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle that half with 1 cup of the grated cheddar. Then layer on the other half of the macaroni and cheese and sprinkle on the final cup of grated cheddar.
5. Bake uncovered for 25 - 30 minutes.
6. Cut the casserole into 6 equal portions.
NOTE: I like to serve this with heated canned tomatoes to spoon over. If you do this, count the tomatoes extra because they are not included in the nutritional information
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANTIOCHIA.