Classic QuicheSubmitted by: TERRI32
IntroductionLower fat options used Lower fat options used
8 slices of turkey bacon
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup 1% milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
Dash of ground nutmeg
1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (6 ounces)
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 pie crust, either pre-made or make your own
2. Prepare pie crust and put into pie pan, prick the bottom of the shell. Bake for 8 minutes, than put foil along the edges of the crust and bake another 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Turn down the oven to 325 degrees F.
4. Cut bacon into small pieces and cook bacon until crisp. Cook onion over medium heat until tender.
5. In a medium bowl mix eggs, fat free half-and-half, milk, salt and nutmeg; stir in bacon and onion. In a second bowl toss cheese and four together, add to egg mixture and mix.
6. Pour egg mix into the baked pastry shell.
7. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover the the edges of the crust if necessary to prevent burning.
8. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes six servings.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TERRI32.