Low Calorie Pumpkin BreadSubmitted by: KARATEMAMABEAR
1 cup unbleached flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 cup pumpkin, canned
1/2 cup skim milk
2 egg whites, whipped
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- Prepare a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and flour; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, ginger, and cloves.
- In another mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, skim milk, egg whites, and sour cream.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 60 minutes.
Serves 12 full size pieces or 24 1/2 size.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KARATEMAMABEAR.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
This is very flavorful, but dense and bit on the dry side; however it makes an outstanding bread for peanut butter sandwich and I think it would be great with low fat cream cheese as well. Used brown sugar splenda and low fat sour cream, otherwise followed recipe. Good by itself as well with tea. - 10/19/10