Blueberry Flax MuffinsSubmitted by: WHISTLE2
IntroductionA healthier alternative to the original. Suitable for vegans. A healthier alternative to the original. Suitable for vegans.
1/4 c. almond butter or light olive oil
1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple with juice
1/2 c. honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 c. whole-wheat pastry flour
1/2 c. ground flax seed
1/2 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. Ener-G baking powder or 1 1/2 Tbsp. Rumford baking powder
2 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen
2. Blend almond butter or oil, pineapple and honey in blender until smooth.
3. Combine flour, flaxseed, salt and baking powder in a large bowl and mix well.
4. Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and mix well but quickly, being careful not to stir out the bubbles.
5. Fold in blueberries. If berries are frozen, rinse briefly under warm water before adding.
6. Line muffin tin with paper baking cups. Spray the cups with oil to insure easy removal. Fill muffin cups almost full.
7. Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
Serving Size: Makes 20 muffins
Number of Servings: 20
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WHISTLE2.