Bison ChiliSubmitted by: SWEET*PETITE
IntroductionLunch - Chili Lunch - Chili
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 3/4 lbs. ground bison
1/2 onion chopped celery
2 cloves garlic
1 (12 oz.) jar salsa (of course you could make it fresh if you want)
1 (8 oz.) can diced tomatoes
2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. thyme
2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. mild green chilies
1/2 pepper, assorted
bunch of kale (optional)
zucchini/yellow squash (optional)
2. Add the meat, cumin, thyme, and chili powder.
3. Stir while this cooks for about 5 - 6 minutes.
4. Then pour in the salsa, tomatoes, and salt.
5. Add about 1/4 c. of mild green chilies.
6. Let this simmer for at least an hour.
Serving Size: 6 servings
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SWEET*PETITE.