Crepes a la BretonneSubmitted by: LKEATINGJ
IntroductionLow Fat Snack, Entree or Dessert! Low Fat Snack, Entree or Dessert!
- 3 egg substitutes (liquid Egg Beaters = 6 oz)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup white enriched flour
- ~1 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Add the sugar
- Add the egg substitutes at once
- Mix gently to incorporate the eggs to the flour and make a nice batter
- Add milk slowly while blending with a wooden spoon or a blender at low speed. Beware of clumps!
- Blend until the batter is smooth and homogeneous. Strain for clumps if necessary.
- Cover with aluminum foil or a cloth and let rest in the lower part of the fridge from an hour to overnight.
- Take batter from the fridge
- Add more milk if batter is too thick
- Preheat a large skillet on medium-high
- Grease the skillet with non-fat Pam
- Pour batter into the skillet with a ladle and spread it evenly with swift hand motion
- Wait 10-20 seconds and turn the crepe upside down
- Let cook for another 10-20 seconds and serve warm.
You can add anything you want to it to make the best dessert or sweet snack: sugar, butter, fresh fruits, chocolate syrup... Wrap it and Eat!
If you want to turn it into an entree or a crepe party, make the batter without vanilla extract and add less sugar (~1/8 to 1/4 cup) and a pinch of salt. Now you can add deli meats, shredded cheese, sauteed mushrooms, bacon, or anything you like
and it makes a fun entree that kids and adults alike will love!
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LKEATINGJ.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
oh my goodness... these are sooooooooo good!!!! I LOVE this lighter recipe! If you have company, make these ahead of time, heat em up in the microwave with a paper towel and serve with nutella for desert. The options are endless. You will impress your guests for sure with this taste of heaven! - 11/13/07