KumarSubmitted by: ABARROW33
Introductionwest indian treat to eat hard or soft west indian treat to eat hard or soft
1 cup white flour
5 g brown sugar
5 oz milk
5 g cinnamon
1 tsp margerine
95 g Brown sugar
105 g water
Before making dough prepare syrup.
1. in a small pot add brown sugar.
2. Pour in water till it meets just above to brown sugar Less then a cm above
3. simmer sugar water on low medium heat and stir till dissolved. simmer on stove till it is thick.
Use oppisite end of a wooden stir spoon, dip in syrup if it drips off spoon slowly, then its done.
To make dough:
1. in a medium sized bowl add flour, 1 tsp sugar and cinnamon, mix around till blended.
2. mix in margerine to flour mixture till well blended and alittle crumbly
3. Mix in milk to flour mixture till all milk is absorbed in flour mixture and turned into dough ball. (add more milk if nessesary)
4. using a rolling pin roll out dough to 1/4 inch. use a pizza cutter or knife and cut dough into sticks (cm wide 2 inches length)
5. in a medium pot add oil and fry dough on medium heat till golden brown for soft or darker brown for crispy (about 5 minutes) ,
6. in a medium bowl when sticks are done. pour warm syrup in bowl to coat sticks. then continuously toss and shake sticks up in the air to coat and dry. when the sugar turns light brown and crystallized it is done.
3. in a medium pot add oil and fry
Serving Size: makes 45 2 inche pieces
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ABARROW33.