- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 117.1
- Total Fat: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.4 mg
- Sodium: 267.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
Skinny Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
1 garlic bulb, unpeeled
splash of olive oil
4 large potatoes (Idaho or russet)
about 1 cup Basic Chicken Stock or low-sodium canned
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
2. Place the garlic cloves in an ovenproof dish and drizzle with olive oil. Place the dish, uncovered, in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the garlic is golden brown and soft.
3. Remove from the oven and let cool.
4. Peel the potatoes and cut them in half. Place them in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender when pricked with a fork, about 30 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. Drain.
5. Bring the stock to a boil, and turn down to a simmer.
6. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves to release each clove of garlic. Mash the garlic with a fork and throw the skins away.
7. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or fork, or use a food mill. Add the roasted garlic. Slowly add the stock until the desired consistency is reached.
8. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TABBYKAT75.