- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 123.3
- Total Fat: 7.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.6 mg
- Sodium: 471.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
Chilled Avocado & Cucumber Citrus SoupSubmitted by: DSHONEYC
IntroductionDelightful summer soup with lots of flavor Delightful summer soup with lots of flavor
• 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
• 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
• 1 large garlic clove, peeled and smashed
• 1/4 cup buttermilk
• 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
• 2 packed tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves & stems
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• Pinch of ground ancho powder
• Pinch of ground black pepper
• Juice of 1/2 lime
• 1 cup orange juice
1. In a food processor or blender, puree the avocado, cucumber, and garlic, scraping down the sides as necessary.
2. Add the buttermilk, broth, cilantro, salt, ancho powder, black pepper, lime juice and 3/4 cup of the orange juice. Blend until smooth.
3. Add the remaining orange juice in 1-tablespoon increments until the soup is the consistency of thin pancake batter. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day and serve chilled.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DSHONEYC.