kale salad (warm)Submitted by: SPLAMO
IntroductionVersatile, quick and easy to make, and loaded with vitamins and minerals Versatile, quick and easy to make, and loaded with vitamins and minerals
2 Tbsps olive oil
2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
1 bunch of kale de-stemmed and chopped
1/2 cup slivered almonds (toasted*)
1/2 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
saly and pepper to taste
1. You can use raisins or currants instead of cranberries.
2. You can use you favourite kind of nut, instead of almonds.
3. you can use collards greens or swiss chard instead of kale.
2. Heat the oil in a large pot, add the minced garlic, sautee for about 1 minute.
3. Add the kale and sautee until it becomes bright green or about 5 minutes. You can saute longer if you like.
4. Remove from heat, add the toasted almonds and the cranberries. salt and pepper to taste. Toss and serve. Mkes about 8-1cup servings, more or less depending on the size of you kale.
*to toast nuts: spread on a cookie sheet, or an oven-proof pan, toast for 5-7 minutes at 350'F.
Put your nuts in the oven at the same time as you start your recipe. They will be ready when you need them.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SPLAMO.