- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 285.7
- Total Fat: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 15.3 mg
- Sodium: 597.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.3 g
- Protein: 23.1 g
Breaded Tandoori Chicken with Feta Pita CrispsSubmitted by: KEEKBEAN
3 whole wheat pitas
4 oz low fat feta cheese
1 1/2 tsp curry powder, divided
2 egg whites
1/2 lb fresh green beans trimmed
2 large carrots, cut into 1 inch long matchsticks
3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 small yellow onion diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 ox nonfat plain greek style yogurt
1 1lb boneless skinless untrimmed chicken breast
1/4 cup fresh minced cilantro for garnish (optional)
2) Rip remaining pita into bite-sized pieces and place into the bowl of a food processor. Process for about 1 minute or until pita pieces have become medium-find bread crumbs. In a flat bottomed soup bowl or mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup bread crumbs with 1/2 tsp curry powder. Mix well and set aside. Place egg whites in another flat-bottomed bowl or mixing bowl and set aside.
3) Fill a medium pot halfway with water and bring to a boil on high heat. Add beans and carrots, reduce heat to medium-high and simmer for 5 minutes; drain. Stir in 2 tsp oil and ginger. Set aside.
4) Prepare tandoori sauce: Heat 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick pan on medium for 1 minute. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and remaining 1 tsp curry powder and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat, stir in yogurt and set aside.
5) Trim visible fat from chicken; discard fat. Butterfly chicken; place breast on a cutting board and press down firmly with 1 hand. Holding a sharp chef's knife parallel to the cutting board and positioned along 1 of the longer sides, carefully cut breast in half, each piece about 1/2 inch thick. (If breast is very thick, butterfly it twice.) Then cut each half into 2 4-oz wings (for a total of 4 f oz portions)
6) Dip "wings' in egg whites, then press both sides firmly into bread crumb mixture.
7) Remove tandoori sauce from pan and heat remaining 1 tsp oil in same pan for 1 minute. Add chicken, working in batches if necessary, and cook for 3 minutes. Carefully turn "wings" over with heat proof tongs and cook for 2 minutes. If flesh is not opaque and cooked through, cook for 2 more minutes and check again. Serve each chicken "wing" with 2 tbsp tandoori sauce, 1 pita half and about 1/2 cup bean-carrot miture. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Serving Size: Serve each 4 oz chicken "wing" with 2 tbsp tandoori sauce, 1 pita half and about 1/2 cup bean-carrot miture. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KEEKBEAN.