Tropical Chicken KabobsSubmitted by: BARBERE5565
IntroductionFor greater flavor, brush the kabobs with the sauce several times during cooking. For greater flavor, brush the kabobs with the sauce several times during cooking.
2 small onions
1 red pepper
2 yellow peppers
16 cherry tomatoes
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup pineapple chunks, fresh or canned
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
vegetable oil cooking spray
2. Cut each onion in half and then in half again.
3. Cut each pepper in half and then each half into 4 wedges of similar size.
4. Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces.
5. To assemble the kabobs, put 1 chicken piece, 1 onion piece, 1 yellow pepper wedge, 1 red pepper wedge, 1 tomato, and 1 pineapple chunk onto a skewer. Repeat this pattern on the smae skewer until it's full.
6. Repeat step 5 with the other 3 skewers.
7. Put the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, honey, and olive oil in a small bowl and whisk together.
8. Preheat the broiler or grill.
9. Spray broiler pan or grill with vegetable oil cooking spray and place the kbobs on the broiler pan or grill. (I recommend foil because it can get pretty messy)
10. With a pastry brush, brush the kabobs with the teriyaki mixture.
11. Place the kabobs about 6 inches from the heating element and broil or grill for about 5 minutes. Keep an eye on the kabobs at all times to make sure they do not overcook and burn!
12. Flip the kabobs over and brush them again with the sauce mixture.
13. Cook for about 4 minutes more, watching carefully.
14. Remove and serve. I normally eat these with brown rice and or a salad.
Serving Size: 2- 12 inch kabobs (or 1/4 of the number of kabobs this recipe makes depending on the size of your kabob sticks)
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BARBERE5565.