Norwegian PancakesSubmitted by: KRISTIEWT
IntroductionRolled like crepes--usually makes around 12 pancakes. Fill them with your favorite fruit with cool whip and/or cinnamon sugar or Nutella or whatever hits your fancy. Rolled like crepes--usually makes around 12 pancakes. Fill them with your favorite fruit with cool whip and/or cinnamon sugar or Nutella or whatever hits your fancy.
2 cups flour
3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups milk (may need a little more if batter is thick)
2 Tbs. melted margarine or oil for greasing frying pan
2. Add flour, salt, sugar, and vanilla.
3. Mix in the rest of the milk.
4. Add more milk if batter too thick.
5. Pour 1/3 cup batter into greased shallow pan.
6. Pick up frying pan and tilt pan side to side in a circular motion to spread batter in pan into a 6 inch or so diameter circle.
7. Once the outside edges become solid and the bubbles break, the pancake is ready to turn.
8. Cook until outside edges are lightly browned.
9. Immediately roll warm pancake and leave with seam side down.
10. When ready to serve, put a filling inside the pancake and re-roll. Serve warm or cold.
Suggested toppings: whipped cream and cinnamon sugar or a berry (strawberries etc.), powdered sugar, jam, peanut butter, Nutella, fruit syrup, etc...
Serving Size: Makes around 12 6 inch diameter pancakes.
Number of Servings: 18
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KRISTIEWT.