- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 185.3
- Total Fat: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 661.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
Memories of Morocco Chickpea SaladSubmitted by: HEALTHGRRL
- 1-19oz can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed (approx. 2 cups)
- 1 10oz bag of matchstick cut Carrots (approx. 3 cup, loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 3T slivered almonds
- Juice and zest of 2 medium limes (approx. 6T juice and 2T zest)
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 4T fresh mint, juilienned
2) Add in salad ingredients and mix.
3) Store in fridge, shaking/stirring occasionally and before eating.
- This recipe is OK when it's first made, but delicious after a day or two once the flavors have had a chance to develop.
- A great meal variation is to reduce the carrots to 1 cup and add 2 cups cooked red quinoa (1 cup dry).
Serving Size: makes 6 1-cup servings
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HEALTHGRRL.