- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 112.7
- Total Fat: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 518.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.0 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
Asparagus & Carrot Stir-Fry in Spicy Orange Sauce (7oz, 198g)Submitted by: OILPAINTER
IntroductionThis is quick and delicious! This is quick and delicious!
- 28 Asparagus Spears, fresh, 6-7" long (560 grams, trimmed)
- 8 Large Carrots, fresh, 7-9" long (560 grams, trimmed)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1-2 Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 3/4 Cups Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice (2 oranges)
- 2 Teaspoons Freshly Grated Orange Peel (zest from 1 orange)
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Grated Ginger
- Rinse and dry the asparagus & carrots.
- Cut the asparagus into approximately 1-1/2-inch spears.*
- Cut the carrots into approximately 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Note: I like to cut the veggies on the diagonal (they cook faster & are prettier.)
- Coat a non-stick deep frying pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil and put over med-high heat.
- Add Sesame Seeds and Red Pepper Flakes to pan, stirring to toast for about 1 minute.
- Add carrots and stir-fry for about 4 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the juice mixture, stirring to coat all vegetables, and cook for another 2 minutes.
* Cut the tough bottom part off the asparagus & throw away. I will slice at the bottom moving it up along the stem until my knife slides through easily... this way I know the veggie will be tender & not tough in my recipe.
Serving Size: Makes Six (7-oz) servings.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user OILPAINTER.