- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 211.0
- Total Fat: 4.0 g
- Cholesterol: 17.6 mg
- Sodium: 263.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 13.2 g
Chicken and Spinach with PestoSubmitted by: POKIE1
IntroductionThis is easy to prepare and has everything-protein, carb and vegetable! I still like to serve it with fruit on the side. This is easy to prepare and has everything-protein, carb and vegetable! I still like to serve it with fruit on the side.
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts halves, chunked
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup chicken broth
1-10 ounce package fresh spinach
1/8 cup basil pesto
8 ounces farfalle pasta, uncooked
2. Heat oil to medium heat in a large skillet.
3. Add chicken and cook until pink is gone.
4. Add the onions and garlic and cook until the chicken is lightly browned.
5. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
6. Add spinach, a handful at a time. It looks like a lot but it will wilt!
7. Drain the pasta and add to the skillet with the chicken mixture.
8. Add the pesto and gently fold in until all of the ingredients are coated with the pesto.
Serving Size: Makes 6 1-cup servings
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user POKIE1.