PX Italian MeatloafSubmitted by: APETRO
2 protein, 1 vegetable Phase 2
2 protein, 1 vegetable
.5 c onion, diced
2 tbsp fat-free chicken broth, low sodium
2 tbsp garlic, minced
1.5 lb ground turkey
.5 c sourdough bread crumbs
.5 c + 2 tbsp low-sodium, low-fat marinara sauce
2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
2. Saute onions in chicken broth until lightly browned.
3. Add garlic and cook 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
4. In large mixing bowl, combine onion mixture with ground turkey, bread crumbs, .5 c marinara sauce, basil and parsley.
5. Form mixture into loaf. Shape and place in ungreased loaf pan.
6. Brush with remaining 2 tbsp marinara sauce and bake until cooked through, 30 to 45 minutes.
7. Drain off fat and let cool 20 minutes before cutting into 8 slices.
Serving Size: 2 slices (6 oz)
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user APETRO.