- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 201.1
- Total Fat: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 43.9 mg
- Sodium: 1,213.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 23.4 g
Crockpot Szechwan Chicken and VegetablesSubmitted by: ANEWAY
IntroductionThis was my boyfriends attempt to put a usual "stirfry" dish in a crockpot. It was absolutly DELICIOUS! This was my boyfriends attempt to put a usual "stirfry" dish in a crockpot. It was absolutly DELICIOUS!
* Chicken Breast, no skin, 16 ounces
* Baby Carrots, raw, 20 medium
* Green Peppers (bell peppers), .75 cup, strips
* Peppers, sweet, red, fresh, .5 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2"
* Onions, raw, 1 medium (2-1/2" dia)
* Straw Mushrooms - Dynasty, canned, 2.5 cup, 1 can NOT drained
* Waterchestnuts (water chestnuts), 1 cup slices, 1 can, NOT drained
* Bamboo shoots, raw, 1 cup (1/2" slices) 1 can NOT drained
* 1 packet Szechwan sauce - Kroger's, 1 serving
* Hot Salt & Pepper, 1 serving (remove)
* *Kikkoman Lite Soy Sauce, 5 tbsp (remove)
* Water, tap, 1 cup (8 fl oz) (remove)
* Tequila, 1 fl. oz (remove)
* Chili powder, .5 tsp (remove)
* Corn Starch, .0625 cup (remove)
* *Splenda, 2 tsp (remove)
2. Cut onions, carrots and peppers into strips
4. Add all ingredients except 3 Tbsp. corn starch, 3 Tbsp. soy sauce, 1 oz. tequila and 2 packets of splenda.
5. Stir and cook in crockpot on low for 7-8 hours, or high 5-6 hours.
6. Mix corn starch, soy sauce, tequila and splenda
7. Turn crockpot on High, add corn starch mixture, cover and heat until bubbly and thickened.
8. Serve as a stew or over rice or couscous.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANEWAY.