Homemade Cranberry ApplesauceSubmitted by: CALIDREAMER76
1 - 12oz bag fresh cranberries
1 - cup sugar
1 or 2 apples peeled and diced (recipe figured with 2 apples)
1 cup water.
2.Place in a sauce pan with 1/2 cup water begin simmering until the apples begin to soften.
3. Sort through the cranberries, removing those that are bruised, soft or mushy.
4. Add the cranberries to apples.
5. Mix the sugar and the remaining water, then pour over the cranberries.
6. Simmer on low until the cranberries begin to pop. Maybe 15 minutes or so depending on how high your heat is.
7. Once they are beginning to pop, carefully begin smashing the cranberries/apples with a potato masher.
8. Once all mashed and blended take off heat and begin to cool. Then place in serving container and chill in the refridgerator about 2 hours.
8 half cup servings
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CALIDREAMER76.