Spaghetti SauceSubmitted by: AVELANCH
* Canadian bacon (5 slices minces)
* *Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
* Onions, raw, 63 grams minced
* Ground beef, lean, 467 grams
* Garlic, 25 grams minced fine
* Carrots, raw, 92 grams minced
* Celery, raw, 56 grams minced
* *Peppers, sweet, red, fresh, 1 medium minced
* Lawry's Seasoned Salt, .5 tsp + .5 tsp
* Red Ripe Tomatoes, 96 grams minced
* Tomoato paste, 165 grams
* Red Wine, 24 fl oz
* Oregano, ground, 2 tbsp
* Nutmeg, ground, 1 grams
* Pepper, red or cayenne, 5 grams
* Onion Powder 1 teaspoon
* Garlic Powder 1 tablespoon
* McCormic Italian Herbs 2 tablespoons ground
2. Saute the minced Canadian Bacon in the oil until crisp and browned.
3. Add the garlic and onions and season with sa pinch of salt. Cook till lightly browned
4. add the Celery and Carrots and cook until it starts to brown
5. in a separate pan start to brown the meat. season meat with .5 tablespoons of seasoned salt. once it is done drain and set aside.
6. once carrots are lightly browned add the pepper and tomatoes. cook until lightly browned/ caramelized
7. add tomato paste and cook until paste is caramelized and a dark brownish red.
8. Add wine and mix throughly.
9. Add onion powder, garlic powder, nutmeg, oregano, and Italian herbs and mix well.
10. add the browned meat, mix well, and reduce heat to simmer.
11. Simmer for at least 30 min or up top 3 hours for the best flavor. if the liquid falls too low add 1 cup of vegetable stock.
12. Serve over Spaghetti or the pasta of your choice.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user AVELANCH.