- Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 155.3
- Total Fat: 1.0 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 326.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.6 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
Whole Wheat Rotini w/Green Pepper & Corn SalsaSubmitted by: BKWERM
Introductiona regular recipe and favourite a regular recipe and favourite
1 can sweet corn, drained
3 green peppers, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
2 jars salsa (I usually use one mild & one medium)
2 boxes whole wheat rotini
2. When water has boiled, add the pasta and cook according to package instructions.
3. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, stir fry the chopped onion and green peppers in little bit of water or stock.
4. When onion and green pepper have softened, add the canned corn and cook for a few more minutes.
5. Add the salsa and mix thoroughly.
6. Simmer on low heat until the pasta is done.
7. When pasta is done, drain and add the sauce mixing well.
Serves 20 (1 cup per serving)
Number of Servings: 20
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BKWERM.