Ruffled Tuna SataySubmitted by: DUNHAMWR
IntroductionThis is a tuna kabob for a grill This is a tuna kabob for a grill
1. Garlic Powder - 1 Tablespoon
2. Light Soy Sauce - 1/3 cup (5.5 Tablespoons)
3. Red Wine Vinegar - 3 Tablespoons
4. Olive/Vegetable Oil - 1 Tablespoon
5. Dark Brown Sugar - 1 Tablespoon
6. Ground Coriander Seed - 1 Tablespoon
7. Ground Ginger - 1 Teaspoon
8. Ceyenne Pepper - 1/8 Teaspoon
9. Tuna Steak - 3/4 Lbs. (12 Oz.)
10. 12 Bamboo Skewers
2. Slice tuna (across grain) into 0.25 inch thick strips.
3. Combine ingredients 1 through 8 to make marinade.
4. Place tuna slices in marinade for at least 1 hour and up to 36 hours.
5. Remove skewers from water and weave tuna slices onto skewers.
6. Brush marinade onto skewered fish.*
7. Fire up grill and when ready place skewers on grill until fish is cook throughly (i.e opaque and flakes easily).
*Any leftover marinade may be used for a dipping sauce if it is first cooked in a small sauce pan with liquid brought to a full boil.
Serving Size: Makes 6 servings. Can be an appetizer
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DUNHAMWR.