Chicken MexicaliSubmitted by: MARTI808
IntroductionFast and Simple! If you have a low sodium soup on hand and a fat-free sour cream it will cut down on the fat and sodium and still be very tasty! Fast and Simple! If you have a low sodium soup on hand and a fat-free sour cream it will cut down on the fat and sodium and still be very tasty!
4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1/2 bottle of La Victoria medium salsa
1 can of cream of celery soup
lemon pepper seasoning
red pepper flakes
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1/3 c. of low fat sour cream
2. Put oil in skillet and brown breasts for 4-5 minutes on 250 degrees on one side
3. Sprinkle paprika, lemon pepper and red pepper flakes on expose side up
4. Turn breasts and brown the other side
5. Turn again and put chicken in a tight circle in the skillet.
6. Mix the can of soup and salsa and pour over breasts. Cover and cook in the skillet at 225 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
(You can add a little water around the outside of the breasts as they cook if you want a little more liquid but the soup will thin down as the chicken cooks)
7. Serve with a dab of light sour cream over breasts.
Serving Size: makes 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MARTI808.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
making this for dinner spanish rice to go with and a nice tossed salad and we are good to go.. - 8/1/11
Reply from MARTI808 (8/1/11)
It might be obvious but in step #2 make sure the seasoned side is browning 4-5 minutes as you season the "naked" side exposed and then flip it to brown for another 4-5 minutes. Enjoy!