Vegan Ginger Spice CookiesSubmitted by: BECOMINGANIMAL
IntroductionBest vegan cookies ever Best vegan cookies ever
3/4 cup margarine, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup water
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup raisins (optional)
1 cup white, pearl, or turbinado sugar
2. Stir in the molasses.
3. Mix the water and baking soda and stir in.
4. Sift together the flour, salt, and dry spices; add gradually to the sugar-margarine mixture.
5. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients, along with the ginger and raisins, into the molasses mixture.
6. Cover and refrigerate dough at least 30 minutes. Dough can be refrigerated overnight.
7. Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining turbinado or pearl sugar.
8. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
9. Bake at 350Â°F for 10-12 minutes. Baking longer will result in a crunchier cookie.
Number of Servings: 40
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BECOMINGANIMAL.