- Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 174.5
- Total Fat: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 16.1 mg
- Sodium: 315.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.1 g
- Protein: 12.2 g
Turkey, Bean, & Barley SoupSubmitted by: SIMPLYTORI
IntroductionA great, healthy soup to use up your turkey leftovers! A great, healthy soup to use up your turkey leftovers!
* 2 tbsp. Extra Light Olive Oil
* 2 tbsp. minced garlic
* 1/2 medium onion, chopped
* 3 stalks raw celery, chopped
* 2 1/2 cups Turkey (light meat), chopped or diced
* 1 - 14.5 oz. can Organic Diced Tomatoes
* 2 - 14.5 oz. cans Organic Tomato Sauce
* 2 cups Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
* 1 - 14 oz. can black beans
* 1 - 14 oz. can white beans (navy, cannelli)
* 1 cup pearled barley
* 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
* 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
* 1/2 tsp. curry
* 1 Tbsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning (or you can put your favorite soup seasoning in!)
- Add remaining ingredients, plus as much water as you like to thin down the soup. (I think I used about 4 cups.)
- Bring to a boil.
-Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for approximately 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Simmer longer for a thicker stew.
Makes approximately 14 to 16, 1-cup servings, depending on how much water you added to your soup.
Number of Servings: 15
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LIL~PINK~CRAYON.