- Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 136.6
- Total Fat: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 21.5 mg
- Sodium: 607.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.0 g
- Protein: 11.9 g
Mom's Chicken Soup with Potatoes, Veggies, & BeansSubmitted by: YAMAHANANA
Introduction[Created 2007-11-29.] [Created 2007-11-29.]
* 2 Whole Chickens --- around 2 1/2 pounds each.
- NOTE: I got 480g of white meat, and 390g of dark meat off the bird.
* 3 cups Chicken Broth (from the bird)
* 1 900ml container Campbell's Chicken Broth
* 90g Onions, chopped
* 410g Carrots, chopped
* 990g Red Potato (with skin left on), chopped
* 25g Garlic Cloves, chopped
* 220g Green Beans, frozen
* 250g Corn Kernels, frozen
* 220g Peas, frozen
* 1 can (398ml) Old El Paso Refried Beans (vegetarian)
* 1 can (540ml / 19 fl oz.) PRIMO Mixed Beans
* 1 can (796ml / 28 fl oz.) Equality Diced Tomatoes
* 5 cups Water( tap)
* 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash Seasoning
-- Put the liquid that is left from boiling, this is the broth, in refrigerator and cool well. Over night is great. The next morning skim the fat off and get rid of it.
-- Put the broth (both from the bird, and the purchased carton) in the large pot and start adding veggies to the pot.
-- Add the carrots, potatoes, onion and garlic and boil for a bit until the potatoes and carrots are still crunchy. Don't over cook them at this point!
-- Add the frozen corn, beans, and peas along with the spices / seasonings.
-- Rinse the can of mixed beans before putting them in the soup. Also add the can of refriend beans.
-- Add the can of diced tomatoes.
-- Simmer for about half an hour or so from this point, until the potatoes and carrots are *just* done, and not too soft. (They will continue to cook as the soup cools, and gets re-heated again!)
-- Makes 28 cups.
Number of Servings: 28
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user YAMAHANANA.