Rosemary Olive BreadSubmitted by: GUEST_CHEF
IntroductionThis tasty, savory bread is a wonderful way to use fresh rosemary, either from your garden or from a market. This tasty, savory bread is a wonderful way to use fresh rosemary, either from your garden or from a market.
The olives add a tangy surprise that keeps you wanting more. This is fabulous served with a good olive oil.
1 ounce fresh yeast (or 2 teaspoons dry yeast)
1 cup warm water
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
3 1/2 cups organic bread flour
1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives, pitted
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
2. Add the olive oil and salt to the yeast and water.
3. Add 3 cups of the flour, the olives, and the rosemary.
4. Gradually add more flour until you can work the dough.
5. Knead for 8 to 10 minutes, or until a tight ball forms.
6. Place the dough in a large bowl, cover, and let it rise for1 to 2 hours, or until doubled in size.
7. Punch down, shape, and let the dough rise again for 30 minutes.
8. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the loaf is golden brown and cooked through.
Reprinted with permission from Green Market Baking Book © 2011 by Laura C. Martin. Recipe by Linton Hopkins.
Serving Size: 1 loaf, 16 slices
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GUEST_CHEF.