- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 103.7
- Total Fat: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 20.0 mg
- Sodium: 665.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 13.1 g
Jenny Craig Vegetable Beef SoupSubmitted by: REDCHOWKRAY
1/2 lb lean boneless top round steak
1 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups water
2 cans (14.75 oz) no-salt-added beef broth
1 can (14.75 oz) no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp pepper
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 cups cabbage, coarsely chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup carrot, sliced
1 medium-sized yellow squash, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
2. Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add steak; cook unitl browned on all sides, stirring often.
3. Remove steak from Dutch oven, and set aside.
4. Add oil to large pot or Dutch oven. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low; add sugar and salt. Cook 15 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally.
6. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
7. Add beef, water, and next 5 ingredients to onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour.
8. Add cabbage and remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
9. Remove and discard bay leaf.
Serving Size: makes 10 servings
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user REDCHOWKRAY.