- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 478.5
- Total Fat: 21.0 g
- Cholesterol: 98.0 mg
- Sodium: 935.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 36.1 g
Beef and Broccoli with Brown RiceSubmitted by: MIXEDGIRLIE
IntroductionTasty veggie packed dinner or perfect as prepared work lunches. Tasty veggie packed dinner or perfect as prepared work lunches.
1 1.25-1.35 Beef steak (chuck steak used for nutritional facts)
3 Garlic cloves (minced)
2T Olive oil
4T Soy Sauce ( low sodium)
1T Sesame oil
1t Chili garlic sauce
2T Rice Vinegar
1t Ginger (chopped fresh or paste)
Broccoli, Carrots, Snap Peas
1.5C Chicken broth
1/2C Cooked Brown rice per serving
- Add meat to heated oil, and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of the steak.
While cooking the meat, mix sauce in small bowl. Add soy sauce, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, rice vinegar, remaining minced garlic, and ginger together.
- Remove meat from pan and let meat rest.
- Add sauce mixture to frying pan, reduce heat yo low and scrape up the meat browning's and garlic. Add 1/2 C of chicken broth to this sauce and cook down for 1 minute.
- In a pot, large pan, add the remaining chicken broth and heat pan to medium-high. Add veggies and cover for 10 minutes.
- While cooking veggies cut cooled meat into 2 x .5 inch pieces and add to sauce in pan.
- Add sauce and meat to the large veggie filled pan and stir.
Serve with a 1/2 C of cooked Brown rice.
Serving Size:┬ámakes 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MIXEDGIRLIE.