- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 277.8
- Total Fat: 10.2 g
- Cholesterol: 28.6 mg
- Sodium: 742.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 22.9 g
Quinoa-stuffed Red PeppersSubmitted by: MORNINGGLORY609
IntroductionSimilar to my other stuffed pepper recipe, but with a little more detail and a LOT more protein! Similar to my other stuffed pepper recipe, but with a little more detail and a LOT more protein!
4 medium red peppers
2 TB extra virgin olive oil
1 small vidalia onion
1 large stalk celery
3 cloves garlic
1/2 package (appx. 8-9 oz) ground turkey (I like Shadybrook Farms)
2 C cooked quinoa
1/2 C reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 C Fat free plain yogurt
1 tsp salt (to taste)
1 tsp pepper (to taste)
1/2 TB cumin (to taste)
1/2 TB savory (to taste)
2. In a sautee pan, add olive oil, celery, onion and garlic. Cook on medium heat until veggies are translucent.
3. Add ground turkey. Cook until all pink is gone. Add spices.
4. While turkey is cooking, slice tops off red peppers and remove seeds and pith from inside. Grill peppers to soften the outside. If you don't have an indoor grill, you can put them in the oven for about 10 minutes, and it works just the same.
5. When turkey is cooked through, pour into mixing bowl. Add quinoa, cheddar cheese, and yogurt. Stir until bound together (you may need to add more yogurt, but as it's fat free and replaces sour cream, it won't hurt to add a little more!).
6. Stuff peppers to the rim with turkey mixture. Cover with pepper tops, and bake in the oven for approximately 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 peppers
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings (one pepper per person)
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MORNINGGLORY609.