- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 472.2
- Total Fat: 26.6 g
- Cholesterol: 152.6 mg
- Sodium: 503.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 45.5 g
Wild Boar, Mushrooms & OnionsSubmitted by: VEHAMILTON1
IntroductionCook overnight and stick a few cloves in wild game meats to reduce their wild game taste. Great for Dutch Oven at Campsite. Cook overnight and stick a few cloves in wild game meats to reduce their wild game taste. Great for Dutch Oven at Campsite.
5 lbs Wild Boar Meat
1 Can of fat free Mushroom with Beef Stock Soup
1 Can of Condensed Onion Soup
4 Celery Stalks
2 Garlic Cloves
1 1/2ts Ground Black Pepper
2 Bay Leaves
1t Crumbled Thyme
8-10 C Water
1 Package of Fresh Mushrooms
Chop onions, carrots, celery and garlic into quarters and add to pot. Add bay leaves. Add water.
Cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook over night or for another 8-9 hours until tender.
Add whole fresh mushrooms to the slow cooker for the the last hour of cooking.
Serving Size: Makes 8 servings
Campfire Dutch Oven Method
Cooking Method for Roasting Meat:
1. Start coals 20 minutes before cooking. Get a fire going to where you have a bed of long lasting slow-burning charcoals. You may have to check and add more fuel during cooking time.
2. Using 20-25 briquettes underneath, heat oil in a 12" deep Dutch Oven until the oven is hot.
3. Brown the roast, onions. Add Garlic; cook 1 minute.
4. Add chicken stock or mushroom soup slowly into Dutch Oven. Cover and put on the the hot coals for two and a half hours.
5. Cover and reduce briquettes to 12 beneath the oven and the rest on top of the lid.
6. At the end of two and a half hours, add carrots, potatoes or vegetables of choice. Season to taste. Cover and continue baking 30- 45 more minutes.
7. Every campfire is different. Check for doneness.
8. Serve with good crusty bread and butter. Simple!