- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 177.0
- Total Fat: 7.1 g
- Cholesterol: 18.3 mg
- Sodium: 342.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 7.9 g
Twice Baked Potatoes for Two-Blue cheese and chives versionSubmitted by: CHUCKLES0719
Of course, I tweaked the recipe. http://www.elise.com/recipes/p
Of course, I tweaked the recipe.
2 medium russet potatoes
¼ cup sour cream or plain yogurt
¼ cup skim milk
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
½ Tbsp fat free half and half cream
Blue cheese and chives version:
½ cup crumbled blue cheese
2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
¼-teaspoon sea salt
2. If short on time, you can bake the potatoes in the microwave, 10 minutes on high heat for 2 potatoes, 15 minutes for 4 potatoes. The skins of microwave-baked potatoes are not nearly as crispy, so you may want to rub a little olive oil on them and finish them in a conventional oven at 400°F for 10 minutes.
3. If you are including bacon as one of your mix-ins, while the potatoes are cooking, cook the bacon strips in a frying pan on medium low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Let cool. Crumble.
4. Allow the potatoes to cool to touch. Slice the top third lengthwise off the potato. Use a spoon to scoop out the insides, forming a potato "canoe", leaving about 1/4 inch of potato on the skin.
5. Alternatively you can slice the potatoes in half, lengthwise. In this case, you may want to bake an extra potato so that you will have more potato filling to mound into the potato boats.
6. Place the scooped out potato insides, sour cream, milk, cream, and butter into a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher. If you want a creamy texture, beat with an electric beater until desired consistency. Note, do not over-beat potatoes, they can turn gluey.
7. Reserve some of the extras to sprinkle on the tops of the potatoes. Mix in the remaining extras with the potatoes. Spoon fillings into the potato shells. Sprinkle with extra toppings.
8. Heat oven to 350°F. Place potatoes on a roasting pan and bake 15 to 20 minutes until heated through.
Serving Size: Makes four half-potato servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHUCKLES0719.