Courgette & Cumin SoupSubmitted by: VORNYB80
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
852ml/1˝ pint stock made with Bovril or Vecon
1˝ tsp ground cumin
681g/1˝lb courgettes, trimmed and sliced
20 fresh basil leaves, chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tbsp fat-free natural yogurt (optional)
small basil leaves, to garnish
2. Reduce the heat, uncover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes, until the onion is tender, golden and syrupy.
3. Add the cumin and stir over a low heat for 1 minute. Add the courgettes and the remaining stock and bring to the boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes, until the courgettes are cooked and tender.
5. Add the basil to the soup and puree in batches in a blender or food processor, until smooth. Season to taste, reheat and serve hot topped with a swirl of yogurt and some basil leaves.
6. Alternatively, pour the pureed soup into a large bowl, then cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
Serving Size: 4
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user VORNYB80.