- Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 236.8
- Total Fat: 9.6 g
- Cholesterol: 27.9 mg
- Sodium: 282.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 6.9 g
Potato Soup (Low Fat Version)Submitted by: CCNEWB
IntroductionMy husband LOVES anything to do with potatoes. He recently was diagnosed with Pancreatitis so I converted this recipe from 30 fat grams per serving-to this 9 fat gram version My husband LOVES anything to do with potatoes. He recently was diagnosed with Pancreatitis so I converted this recipe from 30 fat grams per serving-to this 9 fat gram version
â€¢ Turkey Bacon, 8 slices
â€¢ Onions, raw, 2 medium Celery, raw, .5 stalk
â€¢ Milk, nonfat, 2 quarts
â€¢ Water, 4 cups
â€¢ Chicken Broth, 4 fl oz
â€¢ Salt, 2 tsps
â€¢ Pepper, black, 2 tsps
â€¢ Promise, Light Margarine, tub, 1 Tbsp, 10 serving
â€¢ Flour, white, 1.5 cup
â€¢ Parsley, .25 cup
â€¢ Light Whipping Cream, 2 cups
â€¢ Baked Potato (baked potatoes) 14 potato (2-1/3" x 4-3/4") (remove)
1. In large, heavy pot, sautÃ© bacon, onions and celery over medium-high heat until celery is tender.
2. Drain grease and return bacon, onions and celery to pot.
3. Add milk, water, chicken base, salt and pepper.
4. Heat over medium-high heat until very hot but do not let soup boil.
5. In heavy, large saucepan over low heat, melt margarine.
6. Stir in flour to make a roux.
7. Mix well and let bubble, stirring 1 minute.
8. If desired, a larger amount of roux can be made to produce a thicker soup.
9. Gradually add roux to soup, stirring constantly.
10. Continue to cook, stirring, until thick and creamy.
11. Stir in potatoes, parsley and cream.
12. Serve hot, garnished with cheese, bacon bits and/or onions.
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CCNEWB.