Easter Egg ChicksSubmitted by: VEHAMILTON1
IntroductionThis cute egg recipe has been a hit at many church functions! This cute egg recipe has been a hit at many church functions!
8 Large hard boiled eggs
4 T Fat Free Mayonnaise
2 T White Onion
1/2 t Garlic Powder
1/4 t White Pepper
1/8 t Salt or Salt Substitute
8- 10 Green Olives with Pimentos
1. Place eggs in a medium pan. Pour in enough water to fill the pan about 1" above the eggs.
2. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Remove immediately from the heat, cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
3. Drain the hot water slowly by holding the pan at a slant over the drain in the sink, being careful not to tilt to far and loose any of the eggs.
4. Turn on the cold water tap and start filling the pot with cold water. Keeping the pan tilted, allow the cold water to completely replace the hot water.
5. Let the eggs sit in the cold water for 1-2 minutes.
6. Peel the eggs carefully.
1. Finely chop the onion. Set aside.
2. Using a sharp paring knife, cut a thin slit from the bottom of the egg to help them to stand up.
3. Carefully cut small angles around the top of the egg, about 3/4 up to create a broken egg shell effect.
4. Remove the tops and set aside.
5. Gently remove yolks. Place in a mixing bowl.
6. Thoroughly mash the yolks with a fork.
7. Add mayonnaise, onions, garlic, salt and pepper
8. Mix well with a fork until smooth and creamy. Add a little more mayonnaise if needed.
9. Fill a heavy duty sandwich bag with the egg mix.
10. Cut off the tip and pipe the egg mix back into the eggs bottoms. Fill them extra full to allow room for the eyes and the beak to fit under the top.
Eyes and Beaks:
1. With a sharp paring knife, keeping the pimentos intact, make 16 thin slices for the eyes.
2. Remove some whole pimentos from 2-3 olives to make the beaks.
3. Fold a 1/2 inch piece of pimentos in half.
4. Gently carve the ends to form the top and bottom of a beak.
5. Position the eyes and beaks to form a happy little spring chic. Enjoy.