8 Layer Black Bean DipSubmitted by: VEHAMILTON1
1 16 oz. Can of Black Beans
1 lb Leanest Ground Beef
1 Package of Low Sodium Taco Mix
1 1/2 C Fresh Homemade Salsa
1 Large Ripe Tomato
1 16 oz Container of Low Fat Sour Cream
1 16 oz Pkg. of Shredded Low Fat Cheddar Cheese
1 2 oz. Can of Black Olives
4 Green Onions
1. In a heavy fryer, brown the ground beef until cooked. Drain off extra fat. Add 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning to ground beef. mix well. Set aside to cool.
2. Open the can of black beans, drain in a sieve. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
3. Open the can of black olives. Drain and set aside.
4. Add 1 tablespoons of taco seasoning to the container of sour cream. Mix well and set aside.
5. Chop tomatoes and place them into a separate bowl.
6. Chop green onions and place them into a separate bowl.
7. Slice the olives and place them into a separate bowl.
1. Using a 9” x12” glass serving dish, spoon in the black beans and spread them over the bottom of the dish.
2. Make following layers on top of the beans. Spread out a layer of the ground beef, then sour cream, salsa, olives, tomatoes, green onions and cheese.
3. Chill for at least one hour until ready to use.
4. Pour the tortilla chips into a separate serving bowl just before you are ready to serve. Ole!!
Serving Size: Makes 30 servings
Number of Servings: 30
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user VEHAMILTON1.