- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 423.9
- Total Fat: 24.8 g
- Cholesterol: 50.0 mg
- Sodium: 1,133.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 23.5 g
Deluxe whole wheat Pizza on the GrillSubmitted by: JENSKEN
IntroductionThis pizza can be made in the oven on a cookie sheet, but the best way to make it is in a 14" cast iron pan on the grill. This pizza can be made in the oven on a cookie sheet, but the best way to make it is in a 14" cast iron pan on the grill.
- 1 ready made whole wheat pizza crust. You can usually buy this in the grocery store's bakery department if they bake their own bread. Breadsmith is a notional chain, they also sell ready made whole wheat pizza dough.
- 1/4 c grape seed oil
- 1 Tbsp Wildtree Garlic Galore, or 2 cloves chopped fresh garlic.
- 4 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 c canned mushroom stems and pieces, water drained completely
- 3/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 whole chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium sized purple onion chopped
- 4 oz low fat Turkey Pepperoni
- pour remaining oil in the bottom of the pan, spread it around evenly and sprinkle in the garlic.
- place dough in the pan
- smooth the sauce over the dough evenly
- spread the cheese evenly over the pie
- add remaining ingredients in order, topping with the pepperoni
- Your grill should be heated up to 450 degrees
- Put the pizza in the pan right on the grill and close it.
- turn down the heat and cook with the cover down for 12 minutes. Do not open during this time. The trick is to cook the pizza all the way through, but not burn the crust.
- check after 12 minutes. You may need more time but watch the crust.
Serving Size: 1/8 th of the pizza
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JENSKEN.