Cucumber CasseroleSubmitted by: SLACHETKA103145
• 3 medium cucumbers
• 1/2 small green pepper, diced (also known as capsicum)
• 1/2 cup celery, diced
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
• 5 GF soda crackers, crumbled finely
• 2 tablespoons melted butter (or margarine)
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
2. Grease a small casserole dish with butter and set aside
3. Peel the cucumbers and then slice into quarters lengthwise. Using a spoon, scrape out the seeds from the center of each cucumber quarter and discard the cucumber seeds. Dice cucumbers into small pieces.
4. In a small pot, add the cucumbers and diced green peppers along with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil and continue simmering for 10 minutes. Drain off the water and leave the vegetables in the pot.
5. To the pot, stir in the celery, onion, cheddar cheese, crumbled crackers, melted butter, beat eggs, milk and salt. Stir to combine.
6. Pour mixture into the greased baking dish and place into the oven
7. Bake for 35 minutes or until set in the center
8. Serve while still hot
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SLACHETKA103145.