- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 818.0
- Total Fat: 45.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 597.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 100.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.3 g
- Protein: 11.4 g
Minty Fruit Cocktail & Macadamia BiscottiSubmitted by: VEHAMILTON1
IntroductionDelightful fruit cocktail with a light minty syrup and a crispy almond biscotti!!
Delightful fruit cocktail with a light minty syrup and a crispy almond biscotti!!
Mint Tea Syrup:
1 c Mint leaves
2 Peppermint tea bags
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 c Water
1 c Strawberries
1 c Pineapple
1 c Watermelon
1 c Honeydew Melon
1/2 c Figs
4 Mint Sprigs
2 C Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Salt
1-1/3 C Macadamia Nuts
8 T Butter Substitute
1/2 c Splenda
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Pure Vanilla Extract
1. Pour water into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Add the tea bags, honey, sugar and cinnamon to the boiling water. Remove from heat. Cover and let it steep for 10 minutes.
3. Strain. Discard tea bags and cinnamon stick.
4. Pour the tea mix back into the sauce pan.
5. Bring the tea mix back to a boil. Stirring constantly, let it boil rapidly for 1-2 minutes.
6. Reduce the heat to medium low. Continue to stir as it reduces down into a syrup.
7. Cool to room temperature. Pour into a small storage container. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
1. Wash your fruit.
2. Slice your figs in halves and remove the seeds if you desire to. Place in a large mixing bowl.
3. Remove the skin from the pineapple, core and slice into chunks. add to the mixing bowl.
4. Remove the stems and slice your strawberries in halves. Add to the mixing bowl.
5. Using a small melon baller, cut balls out of the honey dew and the watermelon. add to the mixing bowl.
Macadamia Nut Biscotti
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
3. Spread the macadamia nuts on a baking sheet and toast until light brown, about 10 minutes.
4. Let cool. In a food processor, coarsely grind half of the nuts with one-quarter of the dry ingredients.
5. Either in an electric mixer or by hand, cream the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
6. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
7. Add the vanilla extract and mix until incorporated. Stir in the whole nuts, the ground nuts, and the rest of the flour mixture.
8. Mix just until the dough comes together.
9. Form into a long loaf, place on a cookie sheet.
10. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes, until lightly brown.
11. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees.
12. Let the logs cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
13. Cut the logs on a slight diagonal into 3/4-inch-thick slices.
14. Place the biscotti flat on the baking sheet and dry them in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the biscotti offer resistance when pressed, but the cut side hasn't begun to darken.
15. Transfer the biscotti to a rack to cool.
16. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Divide the chopped fruit among four serving glasses and drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of the chilled syrup. Top with macadamia biscotti and mint sprigs.
Adapted from: Recipeland