- Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 111.5
- Total Fat: 8.0 g
- Cholesterol: 10.6 mg
- Sodium: 190.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
Salame di cioccolato (Chocolate Salami)Submitted by: MINTAG
IntroductionThis recipe is a Christmas Must for my family (and my colleagues!). It is really easy to prepare so teach your kids how to make it. This recipe is a Christmas Must for my family (and my colleagues!). It is really easy to prepare so teach your kids how to make it.
1 egg (fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, grade A with intact shell)
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
200 gr (7 oz. ) dark chocolate
1 small cup unsweetened strong coffee
60 gr (2 oz) butter
32 dry biscuits, (in Italy, use Oro SAIWA)
- Beat the egg with the sugar until foamy.
Slowly add the unsweetened cocoa, the coffee, the melted butter and chocolate until well incorporated.
- Break the biscuits in little pieces (I use a small meat pounder or my hands).
- Stir the biscuits into the cream mixture using a wooden spoon until perfectly mixed.
- Place the mixture over a piece of tinfoil and give it the shape of a salami.
- Wrap it on both sides and refrigerate until hard (usually 8 hours).
- Present it on a serving dish and slice it just as you would with salami.
Servings: 30 slices.
Variants: you can add almonds, brandy or rum, chocholate chips, serving it with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream on the side.
Number of Servings: 30
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MINTAG.