- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 95.6
- Total Fat: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 5.3 mg
- Sodium: 306.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
Yellow Hominy Mushroom And Cheese CasseroleSubmitted by: VEHAMILTON1
IntroductionI love hominy. When I was a child, I called it harmony. Enjoy!! I love hominy. When I was a child, I called it harmony. Enjoy!!
2 Cans of Yellow Hominy
1 Bell Pepper
2 t Jalapeno Peppers
1 Can Low Fat/Low Sodium Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 c Low Fat Cheddar Cheese
1/4 c 2% Milk
1/2 c Crushed Corn Chips
1. Pour the hominy in a sieve and drain out the liquid from the can to reduce the sodium.
2. Mix mushroom soup, milk and cheese In a small bowl and set aside.
3. Chop up the onion, bell pepper and jalapeno peppers.
Note: Jalapeno Peppers are dangerously hot!! Especially the seeds. Remove the seeds and finely chop the pepper. Be very careful not to touch your face or eyes until after you have washed your hands with soap and water.
4. Spay a small casserole dish with a cooking spray.
5. Place hominy, peppers and onions in the dish.
6. Pour soup mix over the top.
7. Crush up some corn chips and sprinkle over the top.
8. Bake for 30 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 8 1/2-cup servings