Fontina Cheese Crisps
IntroductionA little twist to the typical cheese crisp recipe. I didn't have parmesean on hand and so I doctored up the recipe with what I hand on hand and to suit my tastes! A little twist to the typical cheese crisp recipe. I didn't have parmesean on hand and so I doctored up the recipe with what I hand on hand and to suit my tastes!
8oz Fontina Cheese (Shredded)
8oz Sharp Cheddar (Shredded)
0.5C Walnuts (Coarsely Ground)
2tsp Italian Seasoning
1tsp Thyme (optional)
2. Grind walnuts and measure out 1/2C and add to cheese mix.
3. (Optional) Put cheese mix into the freezer for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to make it firmer.
4. Put cheese mix into a food processor and coarsely grind it .
5. Spread thinly half of the cheese mixture on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes
7. Remove parchment off the cookie sheet to let it cool faster.
8. Cut or break cheese crisps up and place them single layer on a new sheet of parchment paper and onto the cookie sheet.
9. Re-Bake for 5-7 minutes.
10. Remove and cool parchment and cheese crisps on counter.
Repeat steps 1-10 with other half of cheese mix.
Makes roughly 12oz of crisps at 0.6 net carbs per ounce. Only 5 net carbs for the whole batch!
Serving Size: Makes 12 - 1 oz servings
Number of Servings: 12