- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 198.7
- Total Fat: 14.9 g
- Cholesterol: 40.9 mg
- Sodium: 286.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
Amish Friendship Bread VanillaSubmitted by: DDENSE
IntroductionAmish Friendship Bread Vanilla Amish Friendship Bread Vanilla
3 large eggs
1 cup of canola oil
1/2 cup of carb counter dairy beverage
1 cup of Splenda
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1 large (or 2 small) package of Sugar Free Instant Vanilla Pudding.
1 starter **
Day 1 Do nothing
Day 2 Mush the bag
Day 3 Mush the bag
Day 4 Mush the bag
Day 5 Mush the bag
Day 6 Add to the bag: 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of milk...then mush the bag.
Day 7 Mush the bag
Day 8 Mush the bag
Day 9 Mush the bag
Day 10 follow the directions below:
1. Pour the entire contents of the bag into a non-metal bowl.
2. Add 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 1 1/2 cups of milk.
3. Measure out 4 separate batters of 1 cup each. Pour into four 1 ballon zip lock bags. Keep a starter for yourself and give the other three to friends along with a copy of this recipe. Should this not be passed to a friend on the first day, be certain to tell your friend which day the bag is at when presented to them. It is helpful to mark this on the bag itself.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
5. To the remaining batter in the bowl, add:
3 eggs, 1 cup of oil, 1/2 cup of milk, 1 cup splenda, 2 tsp. vanilla, 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. salt, 2 cups of flour, 1 large box of sugar free vanilla pudding.
6. Grease 2 large loaf pans and mix additional 1/2 cup of splenda and 1 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon. Dust the greased pans with 1/2 of this mixture.
7. Pour the batter evenly into 2 pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the top.
8. Bake 1 hour. Cool until bread loosens from the pan evenly (about 10 minutes.) Serve hot or cold.
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DDENSE.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I'm sorry but is it just me? Does this recipe make no sense whatsoever? Help me out here, I would love to make it but have not a clue what is supposed to be in the bag during the 10-days of mashing. I'm glad my friend Missy gave me the recipe for the starter, lol! These friendship breads are good! - 12/16/07