- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 144.4
- Total Fat: 6.6 g
- Cholesterol: 1.3 mg
- Sodium: 148.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 10.8 g
Dark Chocolate Zucchini Protein BarsSubmitted by: FIT-WHIT
IntroductionInspired by Jamie Eason's chocolate protein bars recipe from bodybuilding.com.
I amped up the chocolatey density in this recipe, and used zucchini for an extra moist cake consistency! Inspired by Jamie Eason's chocolate protein bars recipe from bodybuilding.com.
I amped up the chocolatey density in this recipe, and used zucchini for an extra moist cake consistency!
* 1 cup Oat Flour
* 4 Egg Whites
* 2 scoops Chocolate (or vanilla) Whey Protein Powder
* Â½ cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
* Â½ tsp Baking Soda
* Â¼ tsp Salt
* 1 cup zucchini, finely shredded or processed
* 1/4 cup Baking Cocoa
* 4oz Water
* 2 oz. 70% cocoa dark chocolate, melted
* 2 T. chocolate chips (optional)
2. Mix dry ingredients (oat flower, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa) together in a large bowl.
3. Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, Splenda, zucchini, melted chocolate,Water) together in a medium sized bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
5. Spray an 8x8 cooking dish with a non stick butter spray and add batter to dish. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top, if desired.
6. Bake 20-30 minutes in oven until toothpick comes out nearly clean. Let cool before cutting into squares.
Serving Size: Makes 16 bars, serving size = 2 bars
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FIT-WHIT.