Grilled Halibut with Jicama Salsa
This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionLow fat dish full of flavor. Low fat dish full of flavor.
Ingredients for salsa:
- 2 cups peeled and chopped jicama
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium orange, peeled and chopped
2. Place fish filets in a large, shallow glass baking dish. Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, and herbs. Pour marinade over fish, cover, and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
3. Preheat barbecue or gas grill.
4. Oil grilling rack, and adjust height to between 4 to 6 inches from heat. Remove fish from marinade, and place on grill. Cook 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until fish flakes with a fork. Turn once to brown both sides.
5. Serve fish with jicama salsa.
Reprinted with permission by Public Health – Seattle & King County