Ruth's Vegan Banana PancakesSubmitted by: ANTIOCHIA
IntroductionGood with peanut butter! Good with peanut butter!
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat germ (I use Kretshmer toasted)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 14-oz. can "lite" Coconut Milk
1 cup mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
1/2 cup plain Silk Creamer (or use soy milk)
2 tablespoons honey
2. With a fork mash the banana on a large plate or shallow bowl, then mix in the Silk Creamer (or soy milk) and honey.
3. Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients. Shake the can of coconut milk, then open and pour into the mixing bowl with the banana mixture and dry ingredients, and stir until just mixed.
4. Spray a griddle or electric frypan (set at 325-350F) with nonstick spray. Measure out pancakes by 1/4 cupfuls, and fry until bubbles appear on top and the edges look a little dry. Flip and fry the other side until as browned as you like it.
5. Makes about 18 pancakes or 6 servings of 3 pancakes each.
6. Serve with butter and maple syrup -- or I like just 1 teaspoon of peanut butter spread on top of each pancake -- a dab of jelly might be good too!
NOTE: You may need to stir in a little water if pancake batter seems too thick.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANTIOCHIA.