- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 708.7
- Total Fat: 67.0 g
- Cholesterol: 235.2 mg
- Sodium: 439.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
Creamy Mushroom, Fennel and Leek Soup - 3:1 Ratio Ketogenic Diet, By Natasha CollinsSubmitted by: TASHCOLLINS
IntroductionThis recipe was created for a nutrition project, based on a 3:1 ratio (Fat to Carb+Protein) for a Ketogenic Diet. This recipe was created for a nutrition project, based on a 3:1 ratio (Fat to Carb+Protein) for a Ketogenic Diet.
4 C Vegetable Stock, Unsalted
20 Ounces Heavy Cream
8.5 Ounces Sliced Crimini Mushrooms
1 C Sliced Fennel Bulb (Reserve fronds for garnish)
1 C Sliced Leeks
4 T Butter, Unsalted
1/4 t Salt
3 Ounces Dry Sherry
2) In a stock pot, melt butter. Add mushrooms. Stir and allow to brown lightly.
3) Add fennel and leeks. Stir and cook until softened.
4) Deglaze with Sherry, allow alcohol to cook off.
4) Add cream and bring to a boil, reduce heat slightly, stir constantly to avoid bubbling over, reduce by half.
5) Add reduced stock to cream and vegetable mixture.
6) Using an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth.
7) Garnish with fennel fronds.
Serving Size: Makes 4 - 6oz Servings