- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 719.0
- Total Fat: 28.6 g
- Cholesterol: 268.8 mg
- Sodium: 224.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 12.7 g
- Protein: 105.3 g
Pork Neck Bones & Mustard Greens- Down Home RecipeSubmitted by: VEHAMILTON1
IntroductionSmoked Pork Neck Bones add a lot of smokey ham flavor to the greens. Smoked Pork Neck Bones add a lot of smokey ham flavor to the greens.
4-5 lbs Smoked Pork Neck Bones
4-5 Large bunches of Fresh Mustard Greens
2 tsp Salt
Pepper to taste
Separate fresh mustard green leaves and wash thoroughly under cold running water. Stack several leaves on top of each other, roll them up together and tear into bite sized pieces. Frozen mustard greens will work well too.
1. Place the neck bones in a large pot.
2. Add water to cover the meat by an inch.
3. Bring water to a boil.
4. Let it boil for about an hour and a half until the neck bones starts to fall off the bone. Separate the meat from the bones. Tear the meat into bite size pieces. Return them to the pot and discard the bones.
5. Add more water if needed while it boils down.
6. Once they are done, remove from the water and set aside.
7. Skim off any fat on top of the water.
8. Add the greens to the pot. Put as many greens in the pot that will fill it. Allow the greens to wilt down and gradually add more until all of the greens are in the pot.
9. Add you salt.
10. Cover and cook on medium heat for for thirty minutes or until the greens are tender.
Traditionally serve with mustard greens, chitterlings, black eyed peas, baked sweet potatoes and cornbread.
Serving Size: Makes 12 servings