- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 262.9
- Total Fat: 14.5 g
- Cholesterol: 96.8 mg
- Sodium: 383.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 29.4 g
Baked Raccoon - Down Home RecipeSubmitted by: VEHAMILTON1
IntroductionSlow Baked and delicious! Slow Baked and delicious!
1 Large Raccoon
4 Bay Leaves, crumbled
1 Large Vidalia Onion
1 Large Bell Pepper
2 Celery Stalks
1T Poultry Seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
Dress the raccoon: BE SURE LYMPH GLANDS OF RACCOON ARE REMOVED! Have someone who is experienced remove the glands and the skin for you.
1. Wash thoroughly under cold running water.
2. Cut into quarters and soak in water for 3 to 4 hours.
4. Season with salt and pepper and Poultry Seasoning.
5. Chop the onions, celery and bell peppers.
1. Heat oil in fryer on medium high heat.
2. Add raccoon pieces and brown well on both sides.
3. Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees F.
4. Place the browned pieces in the roasting pan.
5. Crumble the Bay Leaves over the meat.
6. Sprinkle a little more Poultry Seasoning over the meat.
Option: Poultry Season can be substituted for Old Bay Seasoning if you like Cajun flavor.
7. Add onions, celery and bell pepper.
8. Add water. Add more if needed during baking.
9. Bake for about 21/2 - 3 hours or until the meat is tender enough to fall off the bone.
10. If the meat finishes cooking and does not look brown enough, place under the broiler for a few minutes.
Serve with peas, potatoes, cornbread and gravy.