Spicy Hot Chicken FeetSubmitted by: VEHAMILTON1
2 lbs Chicken Feet (about 32 feet)
1/3 c Water
6 Thin Slices of Fresh Ginger
1/3 c Soy Sauce
1/4 c Sugar
2 Crushed Dried Hot Chilis
2T Oyster Sauce
2T Hoisin Sauce
2 Star Anise Buds
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 c Green Onions
Garnish with chopped scallion and toasted sesame seeds.
You can find chicken feet in an Asian Market. Clip of the nails and wash the feet thoroughly under cold running water.
1. Wash the feet and rub them with salt.
2. Let stand for 10 minutes and rinse again in cold water.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Place feet into a pot, add salt and boil 1 1/2 hours until the feet are tender.
4. When done, drain well.
5. Place a 14-inch saute pan over high heat.
6. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
7. Add the legs and sear to lightly brown.
8. Add Soy Sauce, Hoisin Sauce, Oyster Sauce, sugar, chilis, anise, cinnamon and bring to a simmer.
9. Cook, covered, for about 10 minutes.
10. Uncover, and simmer until pan is almost “dry,” tossing frequently to coat the feet as the sauce reduces.
Garnish with scallions and toasted sesame seeds.
Serving Size: Makes 6-8 Servings